Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas Survey Revisited

Since I was so serious with my survey answers I thought I would entertain you with Jeremy's answers to the same questions. One of the things I love most about him is his amusing sense of humor--even though it is a bit whacked..I mean wacky! And while I'm talking about my sweet hubby I just want to say that he's been a gem over the last several days. I have been dealing with the nastiest case of Strep throat that I've ever had and as he put it, it has me "sawing logs like a lumberjack". So he's been sleeping on the couch for four days and will probably be back there tonight-but he hasn't complained a bit and he's been helpful to boot! I'm ready to be done with this horrid stuff and ready to have my hubby back by my side! Unfortunately, also during this time Sarah had a nasty stomach bug that kept her and I up half of one night, and now Katie has strep and it kept her and I up half of last night. I'm ready to have a sick-free home and some good sleep!


And now back to the survey:

Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Fried Eggs with Grits, a Side of Bacon, some Buttermilk Biscuits, and a tall glass of Chocolate Milk

Does Santa wrap presents or set them under the tree? Santa? Where’s the Jolly Old Elf when the Littlest Pet Shop Pink Puppy Palace needs “some assembly required,” has 9,000,000 tiny parts, and comes with instructions written entirely in Mandarin?

Colored lights on tree or white? Black Lights – Florescent Neon Tree

When do you put your decorations up? December 26 (Boxing Day) – Everything goes back into its box.

What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Heavy Duty Dixie Plate with 3 compartments.

Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Testing every bulb on the strand to see which one may or may not be the culprit.

When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? The Enquirer, December 2007. Scandalous!

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Sacrilege! Although we do typically open one on December 23 in honor of the Japanese Emperor’s Birthday.

How do you decorate your Christmas tree? By sitting across the room with a sling-shot…

Snow! Love it or Dread it? Snow-shmow… the real excitement of the holiday season comes with black ice!

Can you ice skate? I’ve got a Dorothy Hamill wedge haircut, does that count?

Do you remember your favorite gift? Nope. I forgot after being abducted by the Ghost of Christmas Past.

What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels; Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles; Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings; These are a few of my favorite things…

What is your favorite Holiday Dessert or snack? Peeps

What is your favorite tradition? Petitioning the government to disallow images of Santa in public places.

Which do you prefer, Giving or Receiving? Giving…Receiving… who cares? I just want to dance!

What is your favorite Christmas Song? Perry Homes for Christmas (Anita Kerr Singers)

Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? I think a more appropriate question would be: Candy Canes – Fact or Fiction?

Ever recycled a Christmas present? I put a particularly loathsome one in a wood chipper once – does that count?

No comments: