Thursday, May 27, 2010

What time is it? Summertime! Anticipation!

For those of you who don't know, the title is a quote from a song in "High School Musical 2".  My kids sing it all the time, even in the middle of winter.  It's so cute hearing Jonah say sing "anticipation"...anyway, I digress, this post is really not meant to be all about the song...

Today is the last day of school and I have to say I'm super excited for the summer.  I love not having a set routine, I love not having to drive back and forth to school at the same time every day, I love watching my kids play together.  They are finally at great ages to actually play all together now and I love seeing what the four of them come up with. 

Last Friday there were several happenings at their school.  The school was celebrating it's 10th anniversary which included a pep rally and Aidan received a "Pride" award for the second year in a row.  For a description of the award, check here. We are so proud of Aidan's excellence in school!



The kindergarten classes hosted a "Teddy Bear Picnic" which consisted of a concert and cookies outside.  I was really impressed with the kindergartners music skills, they truly sounded and looked great.  The music teacher gets an A+ from me!  Sarah was adorable when doing the motions.  Jeremy was unable to attend due to work and it makes me really regret that we've never invested in a camcorder. 

This was a demonstration of their mad faces

She worked so hard to mimic the teacher's exact expressions!




At the end of the day the PTA hosted a free ice cream social in honor of the end of the year as well as the 10th Anniversary.


And now I say: bring on the hot weather, swim lessons, baseball tournament, park days and lazy days!

1 comment:

FitzandMolly said...

yea, Cousins! so fun - have a great summer!