Friday, March 19, 2010

A Mama's Pride!

Yesterday Jeremy and I had the privilege of attendning an all-school assembly to watch Sarah receive a Coyote P.R.I.D.E. award.  It's basically like a Student of the Year award.  Each teacher picks two students from their class to receive it.  Aidan received this same award last year.  Coyote PRIDE is the school motto and stands for P-Positve, R-Responsible, I-Inclusive, D-Dependable and E-Engaged.  Here is what her teacher wrote on her nomination form:

"Sarah is one of the most positive students you will ever meet.  She is positive about her work and her friends.  She comes in with a smile on her face and it is contagious!"

Way to go Sarah---we are so proud of you!

Unfortunately, we didn't have the best view from where we were at.


I also have to share a moment of pride in Aidan as well.  On February 12th he decided on his own to start reading the Bible from the beginning.  He has read like crazy every day and updates me with his progress.  I'm sure he doesn't understand every single thing he reads and there were a few times he asked me what something means but he's very determined to work is way through.  Last night he completed the book of Genesis--we are talking 50 chapters in 34 days!  Amazing!  How many of us adults struggle to read even one chapter a day?  He is excted to get started on Exodus tonight!

And now I leave you with a view of our St. Patrick's Day supper: 


I could make a pun about "going green", since that's what we all did the next day
 but that wouldn't be very classy... =)

1 comment:

FitzandMolly said...

ewww.

but congrats to Sarah and way to go, Aidan!