Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Hoping to motivate...

myself...

In the past 2 1/2 years since moving to Colorado I have lost 75 lbs.  I still have about 20 lbs to go and since last July I have lost nothing and in fact over the past two months I have gained several pounds back, which is definitely not the direction I want to be going.  I'm blaming the gain on stress and while I'm still very stressed out about Jeremy's job situation I know I can't let that sink me back into body I had two years ago--I don't plan to ever be that heavy again!   I'll admit I haven't really done anything drastic in the past nine months to try to loose this last 20 lbs, but now I'd really like it gone in time for summer clothing-which around here is not until the end of May.  This morning I started back up with my Jillian Michaels workout and I'm hoping that will help me to get my eating back on track.  I figure by putting it out here for the "world" to see, I will have to follow through or it will be very obvious that I haven't!

Here are some pictures to show my progress.  Hopefully this May I'll have a new one to add!
 May 2007                        May 2008                         May 2009
Feel free to share any weight loss success stories or tips with me!  I would love to know what actually works for others!

3 comments:

Erica Wagner said...

Lori, you look great in your 2009 picture! Don't beat yourself up not losing any weight since then!

Just start slowly again and you'll get to where you want to be. As you know, working out will help you alleviate some of that stress.

Sorry about the tense job situation. I'm right there with you... But, like you said, don't allow that to slip you up.

If I were you and were serious about shedding some more weight by the end of May, then I'd do the Shred in the a.m. and some cardio in the p.m. - like jogging or brisk walking. Also, track your food on www.thedailyplate.com. That sooo helped me in the beginning. And finally, don't under-eat. That's the worst thing you can do to your body when you are working out (to lose weight.) Eat properly, in your calorie range and you'll be fine.

FitzandMolly said...

congratulations! i have no advice, but you've come so far already and i'm sure you can lose those last 20 lbs. you look amazing, and should be so proud of what you have accomplished!

RoseSno said...

Erica-thanks for the encouragement and tips. I tried thedailyplate.com about a year ago and it just felt too time consuming for me, but I will give it another try. My time is just so limited right now--I still have three kids at home all day (except the couple hours Sarah is in afternoon kindergarten) and Jeremy is working two jobs so I'm on my own with the kids in the evenings as well. Early morning and late, late night seem to be my only workout times and it's too cold at either of those times to do anything outside.

Courtney-thanks for the encouragement!