Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thumb Update and Jesus Songs

Apparently a huge blister on the end of your thumb is not a deterrent for sucking it-at least not for Katie. Katie's thumb-sucking days are definitely not over...just the opposite happened from what I expected. She fussed about her thumb all day on the day she burned it, but by bedtime that night she was sucking it again. I expected her to be miserable with it for several days but she didn't complain about it once after the first day. In fact, it would seem that thumb-sucking is repairative. The burn and blister were completely healed up in three days. There is absolutely no trace of the burn left. Who knew? I've heard of dog saliva having healing properties--perhaps it's true of humans too...

On another note...Katie is very into singing and making up her own songs these days and they are super sweet. Some songs have to do with her wonderful family or trees and flowers and butterflies but most often they are about her love for God. Here are the first few lines of a song she made up last night:

The best king is Jesus
and Jesus is the Savior
and He is my favorite-ist guy!

The song when on in this way for about five minutes straight while we were in the car. I love it!

When we got home Jonah picked up where Katie left off and here is a little video of his singing:

(Sorry for the poor quality, I was using my phone. His words are "Jesus Love Me! Jesus Love You! Jesus!)

PS-I'm so thankful for blogger's auto save! I was finished with this post yesterday except for adding the video when our power unexpectedly went out and remained out for three hours.

No comments: