Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Sweet Talker

I mentioned previously about Jonah becoming a "Sasser" but recently his talk has turned much sweeter and we are enjoying it immensely!

On Sunday when Jonah saw my mom dressed for church he immediately said, "You're beautiful!"

Yesterday was a bit emotional for our family as we visited my dad's grave for the first time since the headstone was placed last week. My mom had bought flowers in the morning to place in the affixed vase and after she had arranged them here at home she was sitting quietly at the table. Jonah came along and sincerely and gently asked, "What you thinking 'bout Gramma Neece?" It was so sensitive and insightful of him. He frequenly asks us "What you doing?" but I'd never heard him ask "What you thinking 'bout?" before.

This afternoon he showed a bit of sass and sweetness combined. I said to him, "It's nap time time, Jonah" and he calmly replied, "No, thank you." He has to be the most polite two year old I've ever known, using please and thank you constantly. Even his church teachers have commented on what a polite child he is.

I'm glad the sass is on the way out and sweetness is taking over!

I have lots of pictures I want to share on here I'm just trying to find the time to do it. Hopefully I'll have them up by the end of the week.

No comments: