Saturday, October 3, 2009

Long Overdue

Life has been so full over the past couple months and it doesn't seem to be slowing down any time soon. Having two in school now has literally doubled the activity. Sarah is in afternoon kindergarten so my days are cut in half with 11-12:45 everyday being all about lunch and driving her to school. I'm thankful for the bus as I can't imagine making three round trips to school every day. I also am the co-director for a brand new Bible Study at our church. We kicked it off on Sept. 1st and it's amazing how much planning and prep are needed each time--but I'm loving it and it's definitely where I'm supposed to be. I am heading up a Craft Fair on Nov. 7th at our church which is sponsered by the Bible Study group so that will keep me hopping and popping until then. At the end of August I also started teaching a group of middle school girls on Wednesday nights and it is the highlight of my week! I love that age group and these girls are a lot of fun! I'm actually looking forward to the holidays this year--when our Bible Study will take a break and I hope things will actually be a bit calmer...yeah, right! =)


So here is what has been happening in our family in recent weeks. Aidan was baptized (by my brother!) on August 23rd-just one day shy of him turning eight.




The kids had great birthdays and it's been weird for me to now say I have kids that are 8, 6, 4 and 2 1/2--where has the time flown to?!



My mom, the kids and I went to a park at the base of the foothills on Labor Day called Chautauqua Park. Jeremy was stuck working on contracts at Frontier-boo! =( There are a lot of hiking trails but the kids were worn out after playing on the playground and exploring the wooded areas so we made it only to the trail head and had to turn around. In their explorations the kids came upon a deer and were literally within feet of it. It loped out into a cul-de-sac and then sauntered in a yard and began munching apples that had fallen to the ground. The kids were so thrilled to be so up close!




We were super excited to have Aunt Amy visit in mid-September. We spent a day in the mountains and the aspens were just about at their peak and the weather was gorgeous!  I will share more about that weekend in another post.


I think we are all feeling good about the routine of school and all our many other activities but even with a routine in place it always feels very busy! Oh, and did I mention Sarah started dance lessons once a week and Aidan has been selected to be on Student Council, which meets twice a month before school? I just can't even begin to imagine all the activity when I have all four in school! Katie and Jonah have become wonderful playmates and Katie seems to thoroughly enjoy the quiet time she has to herself in the afternoons when Jonah is napping and the other two are at school. I enjoy that time too!

1 comment:

FitzandMolly said...

I'm so glad you're teaching Middle school girls! It's a perfect fit - I always thought that it takes a very special person to work with that age group. It's such a tough time in life, and I'm sure you're great with them.