Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Fabulous Fall

It isn't called Colorful Colorado for nothing!  (That would be Colorful Colored when translated.)  Fall foliage is at it's height here and I am in awe everytime I drive through our town.  God's creativity is not lost on me.


All of these pictures were taken along the route from our house to Aidan and Sarah's school. 



























Also taken on the route to the school-the pumpkin farm just down the road.


This is at the highest point in Broomfield-facing west (obviously since the mountains are in the background.)


This is a view of the farm looking North from the kids bus stop,
which is just around the corner from our house.  Last week on the way to take Sarah to school there was a four foot bull snake climbing from the road onto the sidewalk right at the bus stop.



When we arrived home from our picture taking journey there were hawks circling literally above our house.  These were taken while standing in our front yard.  This is at least third time time in the past week that they have circled and called to each other directly above our house.



Unfortunately I couldn't seem to get all four of them
in the same picture but at least I got three together.

I wonder if one of them is the same hawk who perched on our back fence a few weeks ago:






I wish I knew how to enlarge these pictures even more but this seems to be the best this blog site can do.
 
We are so blessed to live next to an enormous nature preserve where we can see such a variety wildlife, plantlife and an amazing view of the mountains.  There are of course dangers in the form of rattlesnakes, coyotes and one time my dad even saw a mountain lion.  I have personally never encountered a rattlesnake and so far the only encounters with coyotes have been listening to them howl late into the night.