Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Diaper Days are DONE!

On Friday night I walked out of our bedroom to see Jonah opening the bathroom door and his buns were bare! He had pulled off his pants and diaper and wanted to sit on the potty. So I put him on and he seemed thrilled with sitting there. He went through the same motions two more times that night but did not produce anything in the potty. Jonah is 20 months old and I really wasn't sure he was ready to potty train so I kept a onsie type outfit on him through the weekend to keep him from removing his diaper by himself-because at some point that could turn disastrous. Yesterday morning when I was putting clothes on him, his diaper was dry so I thought we'd give the potty another try and he had immediate success! He kept his diaper dry all day (including during nap time!) and would come to me and pull me towards the potty when he needed to go. He is the first of my children to approach potty training with enthusiasm and willingness and I am embracing it wholeheartedly! Today he has been in underwear all day and even though he's had a couple accidents he definitely knows what's going on and I have no doubt in two-three days he will be accident free. I'm sure we will be continuing diapers at night time for a while longer but that's no big deal. I am so excited to think that after seven straight years of changing diapers-frequently having two children in diapers at the same time-my diaper days are just about done---and we'll have about $40 more in the grocery budget each month!

I have several stories to share about the kids but can't seem to find the time to sit and type them up. I promise they will be coming soon...

3 comments:

Cara said...

Yay!! that's fantastic, atta boy!! I've still got a good year ahead of me I'm sure... but at least it's only one in diapers now ;)

Lisa C. said...

YAY for the youngest. That is cool.

FitzandMolly said...

yeah. ask me if Moriah will be potty trained by her 3rd birthday...