Thursday, September 11, 2008

Summer Swim Lessons

To start out I want to let all our family and friends in the Houston area know that we are praying for you and your homes as you are at the moment either evacuating or hunkering down to weather the hurricane at home. We love you and pray for God's grace and protection to cover you!

It would seem that for a while I may be relating history on this blog rather than current events as I try to catch up on our recent happenings. Aidan and Sarah both took swim lessons for the first time this summer and they were both champs in the water. They loved, loved, loved swimming lessons and couldn't get enough of them. I am so thankful that they inherited my love of swimming and water and not their dad's total dislike of swimming. Here are a couple videos taken with my cell phone-which means the quality is poor but you should still be able to get the idea.

I could not believe that half way through his lessons Aidan was already jumping off the diving board in to 10 foot deep water and then swimming to the edge completely unassisted!




Sarah learned and tried many things and even jumped off the edge in the deep end while holding on to the rope swing and her teacher. The frog board seemed to be a favorite activity as well.


No comments: