Monday, February 9, 2009

More on Jonah

Jonah thoroughly enjoyed his birthday this year and seemed to understand there were presents and happiness just for him. He will happily tell you he is two when asked and seems to understand that he is bigger now.

The day after his birthday we took down his crib and set up his toddler bed and he is loving it!

We had his party a week after his birthday and even though we'd talked about the party I don't think he really grasped it until he walked downstairs after his nap on Saturday and saw all the people and balloons and presents. He was thrilled! He saw the presents and immediately said, "mine!" We had been talking about his bus cake for weeks but I guess he didn't quite get the concept at first. I made the cake the day before and he watched me put it together and apply the initial layer of frosting and then I finished it when he was napping. I showed him the finished product when he woke up and he was excited and said bus cake but then immediately thrust his fingers into the top of it-I think he was trying to pick it up like a toy. When he saw his frosting covered fingers and realized what he'd done he was broken hearted and sobbed and sobbed! I easily repaired it but wish I'd taken some pictures of the cake and his sobbing while holding out his messy hand.
Eating a chip at his party and looking cool at the same time!

When we sat him down with his cake and put the candle on he started tapping his fingers on the table saying, "happy, happy, happy" because he realized what would be coming next. He seemed to love being sang to.
I'm excited to see what Jonah adventures await us in the coming year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the bus cake! He's such a cutie - happy day to Jonah!

Erica Wagner said...

We had a school bus party for Elisan when she was three. Of course, my cake did not look as fabulous as yours! ;)